Skip to main content

HOW TO REPLACE FUEL FILTER FOR 2004 MERCEDES C180K W203

hi all, fuel filter need to be change at 40000km to 50000km interval. these especially apply for w203 used in Malaysia climate which is hot and high humidity.

the normal cost for bosch replacement fuel filter for w203 is around RM110+ and doing repalcement at the independent Mercedes service center will cost more than double the filter price alone. Let alone, doing replacement at mercedes center which will cost hefty lots of monies.

So, able to replace the fuel filter on our own will save a lot of money, while at the same times we can do another extra routine check and service with that extra money. Thus, will longer car life.

Below are the steps taken to replace the fuel filter.
1. Get the correct fuel filter for your model and also clamps.
2. Gather all required tools: jack, stand, tyre blocker, spanar and rachet.
3. Release fuel pressure valve in the engine bay near engine oil inlet cover (refer to picture)
engine bay
location of fuel pressure valve (see the shining chrome color valve just on the right side of engine oil filler cap)
cover with towel before release the fuel pressure
4. jack the car. please do it cautiously for the sake of safety.
5. remove passenger side bottom cover (refer to pic)
jack the car safely and remove bottom cover that cover fuel filter
6. install the clip to the pipe from tank to filter(pic).
can use this kind of clip to block the petrol from coming out of the fuel tube before removing the tube connection from fuel filter
fuel filter and 4 tube connection. take note the direction and location of tube

7. remove the screw that hold fuel filter. it might be a bit tight
can be seen that screw are quite rusty. and it took me a lot of time to remove this screw.
8. remove/cut all the clamps and remove pipe to/from filter. please take note of which goes where to prevent mistake when installing new filter.
9. Install new filter and clamp it,
10. put the key and turn the key to position 2. please let 15-30 second for fuel pump to pump enough petrol to the engine. then you can start the engine. Please note that, It will take several tries before engine operate normally again.

Sometimes, you will find it difficult to start you engine. Your engine light might also turn on due to not enough petrol pressure that goes to the engine. Try to drive around for a while to give proper fuel pressure to the engine. Engine light will go off itself when you turn off your engine and turn it on again, if, fuel pressure already normal.

Hope to this note will help. Good luck & Cheers








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to replace broken hard disk of WD my book world edition (white light)

Several weeks ago, when cleaning the house, I am accidentally drop my WD MyBook world when trying to rearrange its location in the house. This ending up damaging the hard disk causing me a lot of data lost. Luckily, some of the necessary data already been backing up on another NAS (Synology 2-Bay drive).

WD MyBook world that contained broken hard disk

Disassembly of WD MyBook wold NAS to replace broken hard disk

photo of Synology NAS drive
There is a lot of solutions on the internet how to reinstall fresh system on the new HDD on the WD MyBook world. One of it is from Polish guy from the website iknowsomething.com (thanks to him). It was my main reference when doing my firmware installation. However, I find a lot of difficulties, to get everything done firstly, with the hard disk wipe-out and secondly with the mdadm packaging not available in the Ubuntu package

To make it easy, here I listed the procedure I followed till I managed to make my WD MyBook world back to working again;

1)purchase…

KENWOOD PROSPERO KM280 NOT WORKING..WHY?

Hi, Peace upon you all..

This afternoon, my wife food processor kenwood km280 suddenly dead..she planned to prepare Dorayaki for us all, to eat in the evening.

Unfortunately, after pours mix all the ingredient into the bowl, switch On the main plug and adjust switch knob to no 1 speed, nothing happen. After many tried, after referred to the manual that comes with this food processor (KM280), she gives up and ask me to do something about it.

First step to troubleshoot the problem is to check the power from the main plug and also the fuse. The outcomes are all well and working fine.

Second, check the internal connection and gearing, visually. the reason are to make sure no visible damage to the cable and gearing. This will require disassembly of top cover.Its can be done by removing six screws under.

after top cover are removed, internal circuits, motor and gears (figure below) can be observe for any damage. Fortunately, there nothing obvious to the gearing and motor (refer to fig 2, fi…

I am replacing my Nokia N9 USB connector

For the past 3-4 months, whenever I am home, my 6 years old son always try to quitely borrowed my N9 to play the game in it and also watching video. Even so, as the battery drying out, he will recharge n9 himself by pushing the usb cable into the Nokia N9 USB socket. However, as he is still only 6 years old, that usually ending up slowly breaking and damaging my N9 USB connector bit by bit. In the end, thing that I’m worried happened.I am not able to charging my anymore. Even worse, I am not able toconnect my phone to mycomputer for the purposed of copy and backing up the data.

I ending up using feature phone nokia 101 for several weeks as my replacement phone…the good thing is that, I don’t need to charge my phone everyday like I did with my N9, which is very good. With nokia 101, it take me 5-6 days before the next charge.

Back to the nokia N9, to ask NOKIA to repair my N9, it will probably cost me a fortune. So, I decide, let try to do it myself. Googling myself on the internet,I man…